Wednesday, April 7, 2010

E&Y Says Distressed Acquisitions to Pick Up in 2011, Not 2010

I couldn't have said it better myself, although I will admit that in the last year and a half I thought that we would see an uptick in distressed buying by 3Q of 2010.

An important note on this activity is that, to date, many deals are still happening off-market and debt is slowly trickling back into play -- at least that's been my observation.  What are you seeing for the market?  Will transactions rise to any significant level in 2010, or are investors still waiting?  My guess is that it depends on the market, where truly undervalued deals in locations with high barriers to entry are already transacting again.  But 2011 fits my estimate of increased buying in speculatively developed suburban markets that are finally seeing their fundamentals stabilize.

Here's the Globe Street article:

No comments:

Post a Comment